Tuesday, September 4, 2007

My best friend is a vegetarian. Her mom is a vegetarian, so nora (my best friend) and her 3 little sisters grew up vegetarian. Every time I come over her dad asks me if i would like a cheeseburger. I feel really bad for the poor guy. Anyway, this is a belief that while I understand, i dont really agree with. Nora is built like a stick, she literally has no meat on her bones. I think that she is missing an important part of her diet. Many vegetarians acknowledge this and make up for it with vitamins or soybeans. I think that is weird and that there's a problem if you have to maintain your health by taking pills. I also don't agree with her reasoning which is "i've been a vegetarian since i was little" that is not a reason. Or if it is, let's look through back in time where history will show that people have been eating meat for centuries. I am aware that many vegetarians say animal cruelty is a reason they don't eat meat. In some cases I agree but there are tons of organic options, "free range" chicken, ect. I love Nora but mostly I don't agree with her because what good is a cookout if you can't have a hot dog?

1 comment:

The Eighth Earl of Sidcup said...

The thing that gets me about the free range chicken movement is the idea that domestic chickens were ever free range critters. I mean, there are no wild chicken herds majestically roaming across the great American plains. It just does not happen. :)

Also, never use smileys.

B